At Random From Lbn.Raj and Lbn.Susri
With the advancement of science & technology & world becoming smaller & smaller due to efficient transport & communication people are living far & wide. Individualistic tendencies are on the increase despite having high connectivities. People of all ranks & files at times feel & be lonely. This loneliness could be in terms of staying away from near & dear ones, it could be that being in society & circles people still come across situations & times when they get secluded & separated. Celebrities many a times face this problem. Inside their heart of hearts they feel isolated, secluded & desperate for care, love & affection.
What about the Librarian?
Is identity crisis close to the phenomena of being aloof & alone & secluded. The average person still is average of the title of “Librarian”, or “Granthapal” or “Pustakalayadyaksha” .Some one says he is a Librarian a common need to be explained on the role & work side of the Librarianship. It looks like, Librarians have endorsed this outlook & opinion of people in general. It is not uncommon for Librarians to fancy with innovative different & fictitious titles. When some one equates us with a teacher we feel happy, when some one equates us with a Manager or a Scientist or Scholar or Fabrician we tend to be happy & relieved. Is it what brings us close to identity crisis? When shall we learn to put our foot down to realize & assert in no uncertain terms on what we are & what we stand for, when shall we learn to stop fancying with misleading job titles? When shall we, come what may, realize that the core things & works that we are engaged in steadily pushing us to the centre phase. Can we not realize our uniqueness & import once before others? Come forward to endorse?
I hope & trust we do it sooner than later.
(Inspiration: Peddlers of emotion/ Nona Walia., Times Life: Times of
- Individual : particular; separate; characteristic of a particular person
or thing (
- lonely : isolated; unfrequented; uninhabited (
- secluded : away from company(
- desperate : having no hope(
- identity : condition of being a specified person; state of being
- identity crisis : the condition of being uncertain of one's feelings about
- fancy : faculty of imagination
- innovative : being or producing something like nothing done or
experienced or created before (dictionary.com)
- happy : feeling or showing pleasure or contentment
- relieved : mitigate tedium or monotony
- uniqueness : the quality of being one of a kind
Librarians continue to be knowledge professionals. Would you like to communicate to the Principal Blogger of India Librarian directly? email to .- email@example.com .- 1816gbgv