Sunday, October 30, 2011
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Devarai, Andheri East, Mumbai , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
BIO DATA / CV
To achieve high levels of professionalism by practicing Library/Information Science and Knowledge Management
AS A PROFESSION
WAY OF LIFE.
(Ia) papers, essays : library and information science :
(Ia1) Prasad Rao, VTV and Devarai, RS.1987. Place of Library In progressive methods of Teaching. Vidyalaya Patrika, Kendriya Vidyalaya No.II Uppal Hyderabad.
(Ia2) Devarai, R.S. and Damodaram, T. 1992. Ranganathan and the professional development of Librarians : a study in Professiology. University News. November 9, 30(45), 11-13.
(Ia3) Devarai, R.S. and Damodaram, T. 1993. Information for the common man and the future of Librarianship : a critical analysis. Indian Journal of Information, Library and Society.6(1-2) 84-92.
(Ia4) Kalyane, V.L. and Devarai, R.S.1994. Empathy in Public Librarianship. Indian Journal of Information, Library and Society.7 (1-2) 87-104 pp. (Jan-June, 1994).
(Ia5) Ramesh, L.S.R.C.V. and Devarai, R.S .1994. Evaluation of Public Relations under the changed concept of Public Libraries. Library Today 16 (5) 2-5pp.
(Ia6) V.L.Kalyane and Devarai, R.S. 1994. Round the Clock Librarianship vis-à-vis Profession and Society. IN New Vistas in Library and Information Science. New Delhi : Vikas. Prof.G.V.S.L.N. Raju Festschrift Volume.
(Ia7) Kalyane, V.L. and Devarai, R.S.1994. Informatics on C.S.Venkatram. IN New Horizons in Library and Information Science : Dr.Velaga Venkatappiah Festschrift Volume. Madras : T.R.Publications.
(Ia8) Devarai, R.S. Kademani, B.S. and Damodaram, T. 1993. Obsolescence in Library and Information Professionals : a critical view. Herald of Library Science.
( Ia9) Ramesh, L.S.R.C.V. and Devarai, R.S.1994. Librarians Reference tools and the users/readers - a critical analysis. Library Today 16 (11) : 1-3.
(Ia10) Damodaram, T. and Devarai, R.S. 1994. Growth of Research in Oilseeds and Collaboration Trends : a case study. Library Science with a slant to Documentation.
(Ia11) Ramesh, L.S.R.C.V. and Devarai, R.S.1994. Dr. S.R.Ranganathan : a potential library architect. Indian Journal of Information, Library and Society.
(Ia12) Moushumi Vyas and Devarai, R.S. 1998. Public Libraries and the future of Library and Information Science as a profession. IN Library and Information Science : Some perspectives/M.Shanker Reddy ... et.al. Hyderabad : Viabhav Agencies.
(Ia13) Devarai, R.S. and Devarai, K.S. 1997. Extended Library hours. Indian Journal of Information , Library and Society.
(Ia14) Devarai, R.S., Ramesh, L.S.R.C.V and Vali, H.M. 1998. Informatics on M.N.Srinivas. Annals of Library Science and Documentation.45(4).
(Ia15) Devarai, R.S., Ramesh L.S.R.C.V. and Padmavathi, J. 1999. Librarianship and the professional issues. IN Vistas in Library Information Systems and Networks/Venugopal, M.V. ..... et.al.(eds). Agra: Y.K.Publishers.
(Ia16) Devarai,R.S., 2008. Biotechnology, IPRs and Biodiversity/M.B.Rao and Manjula Guru.-New Delhi : Dorling Kindersely,2007 : a Book Review. Akruti Journal of Infrastructure, April 2008 3(1).
(Ib) Papers, Essays (Kannada)
(Ib1) Devarai, Ra. Sha. 1977. Kayaka mattu shranaru. pp12-15 IN Karnataka Arts and Science Colleges Miscellany/M.N .Joshi(Ed.in.Chief). Dharwad:KCD.
(Ib2) Devarai, R.S. 1991. Marmika Chintana. Uttara karnataka. 6 March, 1992 (Letter to the editor.)
(Ib3) Devarai,R.S. and Sharada,R.D.1993. Huttu Saavu : Chintane (Life and death - analyses). Uttara karnataka. January 9, 1993 (an essay in Kannada).
(Ib4) Devarai , R.S. 1993. Hora naadally kannada (kannada outside karnataka) . Uttara Karnataka. January 23, 1993.
(Ic) Verse (English)
(Ic1) Devarai, R.S. 1989. Restless Union. Independent Spirit Weekly. March 3, 1989.
(Id) Verse (Kannada)
(Id1) Devarai,R.S.1989. Saavugalu badukugalu.Independant Spirit Weekly. February 27, 1989.
(Id2) Devarai,R.S.1989. Halatu Hosatu. Janadani. March31,1989.
(Id3) Devarai,R.S.1989. Karagi hodaavu digantagalali. Parihara Dina Patrike. June 15, 1989.
(Id4) Devarai,R.S.1989. Aake nannaakeyaguvake. Parihara Dina Patrike. July 22, 1989.
(Id5)ABOUT 150 POEMS IN KANNADA ON FEW FACETS OF LIFE
(Ie) Reports (Unpublished)
(Ie1) Devarai, R.S. 1982. An outing in to the industries - an industrial tour report submitted in partial fulfillment of the degree of Master of Arts (Sociology), Department of Studies in Sociology, Gulbarga university, Gulbarga.
(Ie2) Devarai,R.S.1989. Workshop on information Technology and Agricultural Libraries Information Network. December 4-8, 1989 (NAARM). A report submitted to the Project Director, Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad.
(If) Presentation of Papers in Seminars/Symposium
(If1) Devarai, R.S. 1991. Information for the common man and the future of Librarianship : critical analysis (Paper presented in the seminar on “Books for the Common Man” Jointly organized by Academy of Library Science and Documentation, . Hyderabad and Hyderabad Book Fair Authority held at City Central Library, Hyderabad on 10.03.1991 (Paper published in Indian Journal of Information, Library and Society 6(1-2) 1993.
(If2) Devarai,R.S. and Damodaram, T.1992. Contribution of Rao Saheb Ranganathan Vis-a-vis the professional development of librarians : study in Professiology (presented in the Seminar on “Impact of Dr. S.R. Ranganathan on the Growth and Development of Library and Information Science organized by the Department of Library and Information Science, Osmania university, Hyderabad on 11th and 12th August 1992. (Paper published in University News XXX (45) 11-13pp.
(If3) Ramesh,L.S.R.C.V and Devarai,R.S.1994. Evaluation of Public Relations under the changed concept of Public Libraries. Submitted for reading the paper in the Seminar on “New Trends in Public Library Services” being Jointly organized by State Central Library Hyderabad and Academy of Library Science and documentation Hyderabad (Communicated for presentation in the Seminar). Paper Published in Library Today 16 (5) 2-5pp May 1994.
(II) Invited Lecture
Delivered an invited lecture organized by Academy of Library Science and Documentation, Hyderabad at City Central Library Hyderabad o n 25th February 1994. Topic: Librarianship and the Professional: Sociological critique.
(III) Foreign Visit
Participated as an Official Delegate of National Institute of Fashion Technology Hyderabad in the 64th IFLA Conference on “Cross Roads of Information and Culture” August 16-21,1998 (www.ifla.com ) and International Fashion Fairs : MXL Men’s Wear - Exchange-Pure Women’s Wear r-40’ - The future of fashion, 23-24 August, 1998 at Amsterdam and London.
(IV) Participation in International Seminar
Participated as an official delegate of NIFT Hyderabad in the International Conference organized by Federation de Documentation viz, “FID Conference” held in New Delhi, 1998. (www.ifla.org/III/misc/dg-fid-ifla.htm )
(V1) Ranga Rao,V. and Ramachandram,M.(Eds) ; Damodaram,T., Devarai,R.S. and Vittal,K.S.R (Editorial Assistance). 1991. Second international Safflower Conference, Hyderabad, India, January 9-13, 1989 : Proceedings. Hyderabad : Indian Society of Oilseeds Research.
(V2) Damodaram,T (Editor / Compiler) ; Devarai, R.S. (Editorial Associate). : OSDOC Bulletin (Monthly Documentation Serial on Oilseeds) . Hyderabad: Directorate of Oilseeds Research.
(V3) Damodaram , T (Editor / Compiler) ; Devarai, R.S. (Editorial Associate). : DOR PRESS CLIPPINGS. Hyderabad : Directorate of Oilseeds Research.
(V4) Devarai, R.S. and Mohan,M.C. 2000. HYFASHION - Celebrating Half a Decade of NIFT Hyderabad - Souvenir. Hyderabad : National Institute of Fashion Technology.
(VI) Teaching :
I have been actively engaged in teaching for various classes i.e. for both regular and continuing education students in “Library/Resource Centre Instructions”, RESEARCH METHODOLOGY/RESEARCH REPORTING..
(VII) Biographical Note :
A biographical note included in the publication, “Men of Achievement/Hellen Turnbull ( ed)”, 16th ed.- International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
(VIII). Planning/Leadership :
I had an opportunity to initiate and plan Library and Information Services at : Kendriya Vidyalaya No.II Uppal Hyderabad, Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Rajendranagar (as a team member), Hyderabad and National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad. Presently responsible for initiation, establishment and management of Library of Akruti City Foundation for Knowledge and Research, Mumbai.
IX. Languages Known :
English, Hindi, Kannada and Telugu.
X. Important Specialization’s :
Library and Information Centre Establishment and Management, Sociology, Psychology, Sociology of Professions, Sociology of Librarianship, Information needs of professionals
Life Member :
1. Academy of Library Science and Documentation
(Email address :
2. Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information Centres
(Email Address :email@example.com ;
3. National Academy of Agricultural Research Management Alumni Association ( Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org )
4. Indian Sociological Society (www.insoso.org)
5. Indian Academy for American Studies (Formerly : American Studies Research Centre - ASRC),
6. Indian Library Association (Web address : http://www.ilaindia.org/ ; Email :
7. Karnataka Sahitya Mandira., Hyderabad
8. Bombay Science Librarians Association, Mumbai
1979 B.A., Karnataka Arts College, Dharwad (Karnataka University Dharwad ) (www.educationinfoindia.com/underconstr/b_karnataka arts college.htm)
1980 B.L.I.Sc, Department of Library and Information Science , Karnataka University, Dharwad.
1982 M.A., Department of Studies in Sociology , Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, (http://www.gulbargauniversity.kar.nic.in/deptsocialog.htm)
1995 M.L.I.S. , Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, (http://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/)
1967 Rastra Bhasha Pradhamik Pariksha, Rastra Bhasha Prachara Samithi, Vardha
1968 Rastra Bhasha Prarambhik Pariksha, Rastra Bhasha Prachara Samithi, Vardha
1972 UN INF.TEST, United Schools Organization of India New Delhi
1973 Drawing Examination (Lower Gr.), Mysore Secondary Education , Examination Board.
1977 Shivanubhava Pravesh Pariksha, Akhila Bharat Shivanubhav Samshte, Dharwad.
2001 Passed ISO quality auditor test.
1981-1982:Librarian, Karnataka Law College, Bidar, Karnataka Rastriya Education Society, Bidar. Being the first professionally qualified Librarian for a short spell. I had an unique opportunity to plan and initiate the Library and Information Services to the Students and Faculty members of the college. The college is affiliated to Gulbarga University, Gulbarga. (www.karnatakaeducation.net/educationprofile/colleges/law/)
1982-1988:Librarian, Kendriya Vidyalaya, No.II Uppal, Hyderabad. Being the first professionally qualified Librarian, I planned and organized the Library and Offered Library and Information Services to the students and teachers of the school. Developed School library as a Centre of creative and self learning. Kendriya Vidyalayas’ are prestigious schools under the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sanghatan - an Autonomous Body under Ministry of Education, Government of India. (www.kv2uppal.org)
1988-1995:Assistant Librarian, Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad-500030. Directorate of Oilseeds Research is a Research Organization under Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) - an autonomous body under Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. As a member of the first team of Professionally qualified Librarians I was involved in Planning, Organizing, Initiating and Streamlining Library and Information Services for the benefit of the Scientists engaged in applied and basic Research. Actively participated in initiating and nurturing Documentation and Information Services and the project of Library Automation and Computerization. An International Software titled, “CDS/ISIS was employed for computerizing Library and Information Services.
1995-2006:Head Librarian and I/C Resource Centre, National Institute of Fashion Technology - A College of Design , Management and Technology, Hyderabad. National Institute of Fashion Technology is a prestigious autonomous Institution under Ministry of Textiles - Government of India. National Institute of Fashion Technology has International Collaborations and Memoranda of Understanding with prestigious foreign Institutions and Universities like Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, IFM Paris and Nottingham Trend University , United Kingdom. As seen in my earlier jobs/assignments I have had a rare distinction and opportunity for planning and organizing new Library and Information Centres. My earlier experience in Planning and Organizing new Library and Information Centres helped me in taking this challenge of Planning, Collection Development and Initiating Library and Information Documentation Services for NIFT Hyderabad. This assignment is again a challenging opportunity, for the collection required to be strengthened comprise books, periodicals, materials like fabric swatches , Garments, Art Materials, and Various Fashion Accessories. I took this rare occasion to use tools and Techniques of Library and information Science in organizing Resource Centre which comprises of Library, Materials and Audio Visual Wings.
2006 – Currently working as the Librarian and Documentationalist since October 2006, at Akruti Citygold Institute, Mumbai. Responsible for establishment and management of a State of art World class Library/Knowledge Centre.
Special Distinctions :
1. Establishment and Management of Resource Centre comprising Library, Materials and Audio Visual Wings.
2. Standardization of Policy, Plan, Objectives and Procedures of Resources – ISO Certification.
3. Introduction of Resource Centre Training Programme.
4. Resource Centre Computerization / Data base creation.
Bar-coding and automation of circulation system.
5. Initiation of Press Clippings Service.
6. Contribution to the Face lifting of reputed Indian Fashion Journal viz. “Fashion and Beyond” as a Centre Coordinator.
7. Extension of Library hours from 8 hours to 13 hours a day from Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.30 on Saturdays and Sundays.
8. Experience in NIFT Hyd. as I/C Purchase Officer and I/C Guest House.
1. Establishment of a new Resource Centre / Library
2. Standardization of Resource Centre / Library
Services -leading towards ISO Certification.
3. 24 Hours Library and Information Services
4. Computerization of Library and Information
5. Initiation of on job training programme for Library
and Information Professionals
6. Initiation of User Instruction Service
(1) 1980: Participated in the “Orientation – cum – Workshop for NSS Officers and Volunteers on - Family life and sex education” conducted by Family Planning Association of India, Gulbarga Unit, Gulbarga.
(2) 1980-81 : Served as Group Leader of the National Service Scheme Unit, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga.
(3) 1980-81: Secured 3rd prize in the Essay competition conducted by the National Service Scheme Unit, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga .
(4) 1980-81: Secured Second prize in the debate competition organized by the National Service Scheme Unit, Gulbarga university, Gulbarga.
(5) August 6, 1981: Participated in the Radio Programme on “How to get rid of our inferiority complexities” broadcast on 6-8-1981 at 7.45pm by All India Radio Gulbarga.
(6) December 8-10, 1981: Participated and Assisted Organizers in Lapro scopic Operations camp organized by Family Planning Association of India, Gulbarga as a student volunteer.
(7) 1982-83 : Actively participated in Planning exercises, surveys and group projects during the year 1982-83 as a student of School of Planning, Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology (CEPT), Navarangpura, Ahmedabad, 1982-83 (Gujarat).
(8) Enacted/directed four English plays/skits in Kendriya Vidyalaya No.II, Uppal, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh):
(8.1) 1984: The Princess and the Woodcutter on School Annual Day , 1984.
(8.2) 1986: “The man without a name”, was enacted for Inter Kendriya Vidyalaya Cultural Competition. The play bagged the First Prize with a rolling shield in Inter CBSE one Act play competition conducted by OASIS SCHOOL, Hyderabad.
(8.3) 1987-88 : “Chandalika” One act play was the Kendriya Vidyalaya No.II entry for Inter CBSE one act play competition conducted by OASIS School, Hyderabad in which the girl who played “Chandalika” got the BEST CHILD ACTRESS AWARD.
(9) 1987-1995: Assisted Project Director/Junior Scientific Officer, Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad, in the preparation of Annual Progress Reports: 1. Correction of stencils, 2. Sorting and set making etc.
(10) 4th December 1989 to 8th December 1989: Participated in the “Workshop on Information Technology and Agricultural Information Network”, conducted by National Academy of Agricultural Research Management - ICAR.
(11) 1991: Provided editorial assistance to Dr.V.Ranga Rao and Dr.M.Ramachandram (Editors) in bringing out the publication, “1991: ISOR (Indian Society of Oilseeds Research). Proceedings of the Second International Safflower Conference, January 9-13, 1989. Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad - 500030, Andhra Pradesh.
(12) 1991 : Participated in the Indian Council of Agricultural Research Inter Institutional Sports Meet (Table Tennis)., conducted by National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (1991) Hyderabad.
(13) 1992 : Participated in Indian Council of Agricultural Research Inter Institutional Sports Meet (Table Tennis).
(14) 28th September 1992 - 9th October 1992 : Completed a Course on Computer application in libraries (CDS/ISIS) conducted by National Academy of Agricultural Research Management - ICAR, Hyderabad.
(15) August 2-5, 1993 : Served as a member of the Press and Publicity Committee (Local Organizing Committee) for the National Seminar on “Oilseeds Research and Development in India : status and strategies held on 2-5, August, 1993, Hyderabad.
(16) December 1993 : Participated in a Workshop tilted, “Karyalayeen Hindi organized by Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad. The objective of the Workshop was to implement Hindi Language in Official correspondence.
(17) 1994 : Associated in the proof correction work of the publication: MVR Prasad, R.Kalpana Sastri, C.V.Raghaviah and T.Damodaram.1994. Sustainability in Oilseeds. Indian Society of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad (Papers and Proceedings of the National Seminar on Oilseeds Research and Development in India: Status and Strategies” held on 2-5 August, 1993, Hyderabad.
(18) 26.09.1994. : Secured Third Prize in Prashnottari Pratiyogitha (Hindi Questionnaire test) conducted on account of Hindi Day Celebration by Rajabhasha Karyanvayan Samithi - Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad.
(19) 1995 : Appointed as an Honorary Member of the International Biographical Centre - Advisory Council - Cambridge : England, May, 1995.
(20) A biographical note included in the publication titled ‘Men of Achievement/Hellen Turnbull (ed) - 16th ed - Cambridge - England.
(21) Appointed Honorary member of the Research Board of Governors, The American Biographical Institute.
(22) 1990-2001 : Member, Management Committee, Academy of Library Science and Documentation, Hyderabad.
1.Dr.B.V.Somasekhar, Deputy Director General,
Apparel Export Promotion Council
Apparel House, Institutional Area Sector-44, Gurgaon-122003 Haryana
Fax : 0124-2708004
Tel :0124-2708016(D), 2708039(PS), 9868149268(M),
Website : www.aepcindia.com
email : email@example.com
2.Prof.Chandrashekhar Rao, Prof and Dean ,
Dept of Library and information Science,
Dr.B.R. AMBEDKAR OPEN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
Prof. G. Ram Reddy Marg, Road No. 46
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad - 500 033. A.P. India.
Website : http://www.braou.ac.in/facofsosci.htm
Phone Numbers: EPBX No's:+91 040 23546271 / 23546272 / 23546616 / 23544771
Name : Rajashekhar
Fathers Name : Shanthappa Devarai;
Sex : Male,
Marital Status : Married,
Name of the Spouse : Sharada
Children : one daughter – Chennabasamma Devarai studying in std IX and one Son – Pankaj Devarai studying in std V;
Date of Birth : 31st March 1958;
Nationality : Indian;
Parents : Mother : Mahadevi, Father - Shantappa Devarai – a renowned poet and literary figure of Northern Hyderabad Karnataka region - staying at Bidar:Karnataka. Three younger brothers and two younger sisters – all independent now.
Identification Marks : A wound mark on right hand side of forehead.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org